Investing in Santo Tomás consists of two main processes: Buying land and building a home on that land.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR BUYING LAND?
Choose your lot (or lots)
- Do you want a smaller home farther away from the beach, or a bigger home closer to the ocean? Click here to see a map of currently available lots and pricing.
- Many people like to buy multiple lots. You could buy a lot for your personal vacation home, one to rent out (that will pay for both lots), and even buy lots to sell as the value goes up over the next three years.
- You can invest in a lot alone, or go as a group.
Complete a land contract with our sales office
Grupo Proprietario and Santo Tomás (SA) develop and sell the land.
- You will have the option to pay in full or take advantage of one of our developer finance options.
- Once the contract is signed, then the customer will go through a 2 step process to purchase the land. The best way to purchase property in Mexico is through a Mexican bank trust. This will be done through the following two steps:
- Our office will assist you (and/or your group) in creating an LLC which will own the bank trust in Mexico which holds title to your home site.
- Our office will assist your LLC in setting up the bank trust. We have found that this is the best way to purchase land in Mexico. There are tax and other benefits to taking title by this method. If you would like to sell your property, you simply change the owners of the LLC after you have received your payment.