There are a number of articles out there talking about the scams associated with Mexican real estate, and rightfully so. From bogus contracts to ground never being broken on homes and countless other nightmares, there have been enough horror stories from people who have attempted to buy beachfront property in Mexico that people are justified in feeling wary about it.
However, there are also several legitimate opportunities to invest in Mexico beachfront property, and for great deals, too. You just need to be aware of the right questions to ask and make sure you thoroughly understand the process so you can catch any red flags that may arise.
If you are considering buying beachfront property in Mexico, be sure to ask lots of questions, such as the following:
- What does the financing process look like?
- Who will be building my home? Have they been qualified by the developer?
- Do local laws and tax rules allow me to turn the home I am building into a rental unit?
- What is the current land value?
- What is the timeframe for completing the building of my home?
- What do I need to know about various rules, laws, and taxes in Mexico that will affect my land/home purchase?
When you choose to buy a lot and build in the Santo Tomás Beach Community, we make sure that you have answers to your questions like the ones above. We also want to make sure you understand the process from beginning to end, and you can rest assured that you will:
- Have a direct working relationship with Tom, the owner and developer of Santo Tomás Beach Community
- Be provided with an understanding of the purchase process as well as the building process prior to signing any contracts
- Work directly with the design team in creating the home you want
- Get quotes from multiple builders
- Be able to discuss changes that you want and a have a voice throughout the process
- Be provided with a timeframe for the completion process of your home
- Have a signed contracts for both the land contract and building contract
At Santo Tomás, our goal is to help you to build your dream—without having to worry about the headache and heartache involved with being scammed. Contact Santo Tomas today to find out if our beach community might be a good fit for your beach home dream!